Announcing the New Community Warehouse Project
DID YOU EVER WANT TO HELP jumpstart a dream? Or be part of a startup organization that helps your community? If so, there’s a new group in Chester County that is ready, with open arms, to welcome you.
The new Community Warehouse Project of Chester County (CWP) is an alliance of dozens of area charities, businesses and individuals with a shared vision of providing household goods and furnishings to neighbors in need. Behind abundant donations of furniture and accessories, a pending 501(c)3 designation and a group of dedicated volunteers—officers, a Board of Advisors and committees—is the driving force of Sheree Richnow. Sheree and her team have made great strides bringing their vision to fruition and now look to the community for help to cross the finish line.
CWP anticipates opening five days per week beginning spring 2012. You can make that happen by providing:
- Space. 10,000-15,000 square feet of warehouse/office space within a five-mile radius of the West Chester Borough. Interested donors, please contact Adam Knox, Beacon Commercial Real Estate, 610-828-0100.
- Volunteer Tradespeople. Once space is secured, CWP will need carpenters, plumbers, electricians and experienced tradespeople to tailor the space.
- Provisions. After the warehouse is fitted, CWP will need appliances, cabinetry, paper products, a dedicated truck for pick ups and deliveries, and more.
- Volunteers and donations. To open its doors, CPW will require administrative assistance, a web designer and workers to handle donations: furniture, household items and linens.
Need Help? Just Ask.
Envision a place where families in need can find clean, respectable, previously-owned upholstered furniture and mattresses, freshly-laundered linens, decorative items and a homestyle kitchen for enjoying a snack during a visit. CWP’s committees are developing these ideas—can you help bring them to life?.
- Attend CWP’s Sweet Tooth? fundraiser. Chester Springs Creamery at Milky Way Farm has a glorious ice cream bar in store. In recognition of National Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week, CWP will be collecting canned foods and non- perishable donations for people and pets. Can’t come? Contribute a gift basket for the auction.
- Donate new gift items to CWP’s Holiday House.
- Become a partner – member of the CWP Alliance for a $50 inaugural annual fee.
Ready to help? P lease contact S heree R ichnow , 610-558-1250 or email@example.com.
Join The CWP Alliance
Many organizations , churches and other non-profit entities are joining the alliance. Can we add you to the list?
Domestic Violence Center of Chester County
Medical Ministries International
Chester County Department of Aging
West Chester Food Cupboard
Cornerstone Christian Fellowship
Act in Faith
Community Volunteers in Medicine
Work In Style
Wings for Success